Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Trying new things in fitness: Zumba, Yoga and Pilates

I haven't blogged about my fitness journey for a very long time. I stopped exercising for 4 months. Pretty much all winter.
But I am back in full power. I am trying new things and new classes.
This week I had:
- 1 hour kickboxing at a new gym: It always makes me very sore the next day.
- My first Zumba class: Super fun. Not a lot of calorie burning.
- My first Pilates class: Very  hard and I was very sore the next morning. 
- My first yoga class: Not a lot of calorie burning but wonderful stretch after one week of working out.

I go to a gym with child care because working out at home with a 2 year old is a real joke for me and pretty stressing.
I exercise in the mornings and I am not a morning person. Very hard! But I want to be home in the evenings for my family and it works better that way.
My baby really likes to play for 1 hour almost everyday with her new little friends. We are both happy then.
My goal is still to be fit and it is going to be hard but it is making me happy. 2 months before it gets warm and I want a killer bod!
I am trying new classes again this week.
Have you tried those classes? What do you like?



1 comment:

Terra said...

I admire that you are doing Zumba, Pilates and Yoga, and finding childcare so it all works. I have been exercising at a health club for 15 years, 3 times a week. The one tip I have is find what you like!

Contact me at: isafrenchy@gmail.com